EROAD develops award winning SaaS and hardware products to solve today's transportation problems. From efficient movement of goods to the safety of people on roads from Seattle to Sydney and Auckland to Oakland. We want you to join the team that is responsible for the software running on the in-cab hardware called the Ehubo2.
Join our team of 5 firmware engineers as a Quality Advocate where you are free to decide how to solve difficult testing problems every day.
In the Quality Advocate role, you will be testing software which deploys frequently to over 100,000 connected in-cab telematics units. You'll be working with new technologies to solve exciting challenges. You'll write software which tests our different hardware revisions in our test lab. In addition you will be working with the team to specify testing scenarios, interfaces and do test reviews.
- Bring the testing mindset and skills to the team
- Seek opportunities to automate processes that don't require human judgement
- Help the team identify the right test interfaces
- Lead improvements to our testing framework, with freedom to choose technologies and testing methods
- Monitor real-time performance from over a billion data points that we receive each month to gather valuable insights to improve our products.
- Maintain high standards for security, accuracy and reliability.
- You’ve worked in agile teams delivering products through the entire development life-cycle.
- Experienced in Java development
- Knowledge of DBs/SQL
- Experience with bespoke test automation, preferably with testing hardware
- Agile Mindset - Willingness to try and fail and motivation to learn
- You have some basic understanding of systems.
- Code inspection and peer review
You'll have flexible work hours and get to work with a diverse bunch of people in awesome new offices with table tennis and arcade machines.
Life at EROAD is more than just about work:
- Fortnightly innovation day - you can work on any project you like.
- EROAD Hackathons with great prizes - turn your idea into a product!
- Free food and drinks every Friday afternoon.
- Generous (8 weeks) parental leave for all new parents.
- Lots of T-Shirts for every occasion.
Once you have applied your CV will be assessed by the people you are actually going to work with. We will send you an interesting software problem which is in line with the type of work you would be doing here at EROAD. If all goes well we do person to person interviews with members of the team you will become part of. We have plenty to show and are interested to hear about your past working experience.