EROAD develops award winning SaaS and hardware products to solve today's transportation problems. From efficient movement of goods to the safety of people on roads from Seattle to Sydney and Auckland to Oakland. We want you to join one of our nine Auckland based engineering teams.
Join one of our autonomous teams where you and your team are free to decide how to solve difficult problems everyday.
In the Quality Assurance Engineer - BI role you'll be testing software which deploys frequently to over 100,000 connected in-cab telematics units. You'll be working with new technologies to solve exciting challenges:
- Work with the Analytics Development Team to test applications and Business Intelligence products during the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Analyse and provide input into technical and requirement specifications
- Create and execute test strategies, test plans, test cases, test conditions, and test scripts as well as peer reviewing others within the test team
- Think outside the box and be inventive in identifying, designing and building upon the existing automated test framework for smoke and regression testing
- You’ve worked in agile teams delivering products through the entire development life-cycle.
- You will have a successful track record of delivering quality high scale SaaS solutions
- You will understand what it takes to compete globally at speed using DW/BI, cloud technology, CI/CD, security and privacy by design
- Experience testing end-user reports, ETL packages, and data visualizations including ability to test BI products like Snowflake or similar
- Experience with SOAPUI, Jmeter, Open STA, or similar API testing tools.
- Basic UNIX/Linux scripting skills and familiarity with virtualisation such as VMware or AWS
- Basic SQL and development experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal), and are comfortable dealing with all members of the development and business teams
- Excelling time management and competent working individually or within a team
You'll have flexible work hours and get to work with a diverse bunch of people in awesome new offices with table tennis and arcade machines.
Life at EROAD is more than just about work:
- Fortnightly innovation day - you can work on any project you like.
- EROAD Hackathons with great prizes - turn your idea into a product!
- Free food and drinks every Friday afternoon.
- Generous (8 weeks) parental leave for all new parents.
- Lots of T-Shirts for every occasion.
Once you have applied your CV will be assessed by the people you are actually going to work with. We will send you an interesting software problem which is in line with the type of work you would be doing here at EROAD. If all goes well we do person to person interviews with members of the team you will become part of. We have plenty to show and are interested to hear about your past working experience.